Hi Writerly Rockstar!
Today I’m going to chat about Making the Most of Your Amazon Author Page! And so help me, if you don’t know what your Amazon author page is, we’re gonna have a Come to Jesus meeting. I’m giving you to the count of three to register at https://authorcentral.amazon.com and claim yourself as an author. Go on. I’ll sit here and wait. *twiddles thumbs*
Now that you’ve done THAT, let’s work on what you should have on your author page. I’m going to give you a brief run-down, but if you want a detailed, 12 page workbook, you can scroll to the bottom of the post and “like” or tweet this page to unlock the PDF file.
On to my quick and dirty summary of your must-haves!
Your Author Photo
- Hire a pro or a butt kicking amateur. (If you’re in the UK, the loverly Mina Carter shot mine when she was visiting the US.)
- It should be high resolution.
- In focus and distraction free.
- NO awkward backgrounds. Just because you think your stuffed deer, Elmer is cute doesn’t mean he should be in the pic.
- Look your best. (Obvs.)
- Watch the position of the sun. Squinty is not a good look on anyone.
Write a Bangin’ Bio
- Chat about family details, where you live, and what you enjoy doing in your spare time.
- Make sure your voice and personality shine through. No boring, staid bios for romantic comedy writers!
- Toot your own horn when it comes to awards and accomplishments.
Use Your Events Tab
- Book signings
- Book Trailer
- A quick chat in front of the camera
- Interviews with others
Invite Visitors to Your House, er, Website
Do you blog? Or post on Facebook/Twitter? You can feed that back to your Amazon author page. Make sure that you get that awesome randomness showing up on your author page.
Start a Conversation
If you scroll to the bottom of your Amazon author page, you’ll find the “Customer Discussion” section. You can ask readers questions and interact with them as if it was your own personal forum. Let them get to know you!
Spread the Word
So, now that you’ve got the content of your page all sorted, you need to tell others about its existence. That means posting errywhere about your new page. Have an email signature? Update it. Have business cards? Update those. Have a Facebook page? Make sure that you’ve got the link on there. Your Amazon author page is like its own mini-website on the biggest site known to purchasers across the globe. Tell people you’re rocking it!
See? Quick and dirty. Now, look down and either like the Read. Write. Hustle. facebook page or send a tweet about this post. Either will get you access to the “Making the Most of Your Amazon Author Page” goodness.
Have a rockstar day of writing!
[sociallocker id=”3159″] [embeddoc url=”https://readwritehustle.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/amazonauthorpage.pdf” download=”all” text=”DOWNLOAD”] [/sociallocker]